Iran's parliament speaker has a message for the Trump administration: your pressure campaign isn't working, and your top officials are in over their heads.
Iran's Parliament Speaker Calls Bessent and Hegseth 'Way Out of Their League' as U.S. Pressure Fails to Sway Tehran

Get Market Alerts
Weekly insights + SMS alerts
Qalibaf Slams Bessent, Hegseth
On Tuesday, in a post on X, Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf criticized Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth over the U.S. campaign against Tehran.
Qalibaf said, "Americans think squeezing Iran harder will win concessions that were never part of the agreement."
"Bessent and Hegseth are way out of their league. Stop waiting for the clown crew to pull a rabbit out of their hat and clean up the mess you made," he added.
Hegseth Defends Iran Military Campaign
On Monday, Hegseth defended the U.S. military campaign, saying that the operation was necessary to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, reported The Hill.
"There is a cost of doing very difficult things, to going out and defending your country and ensuring radical Islamist crazies don't get a nuclear weapon," Hegseth said at an Iowa State Fair event.
He added, "I'm not willing to look my kids in the eye and say, 'We had a chance to do something about it, but we didn't.'"
Last week, Bessent separately indicated that Washington could impose sanctions on Iran that have "never been seen."
Trump-Iran Ceasefire Tensions Rise
Iranian officials rejected President Donald Trump's claim over the Strait of Hormuz, with Mohsen Rezaee mocking Washington's distance from the waterway and calling for a "post-American order in the Persian Gulf."
The tensions intensified after a vessel was reportedly struck by an unknown projectile in the strait, causing a crew casualty.
Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi accused Israel of blocking a ceasefire agreement and said Trump's effort to force Iran into "unconditional surrender" had failed.
Meanwhile, Trump refused to extend a 60-day U.S.-Iran memorandum that expired Monday, raising fresh concerns over renewed conflict and disruptions in the Strait of Hormuz.
Strait Remained Blocked
Earlier this month, the Persian Gulf Strait Authority rejected Trump's claims that the U.S. controlled the Strait of Hormuz, saying the waterway remained blocked and would not reopen until Iran's conditions were accepted.
Trump had claimed the U.S. maintained control through a naval "wall of steel."
Disclaimer: This content was partially produced with the help of AI tools and was reviewed and published by MarketDash editors.
Image via Shutterstock/ Maxim Elramsisy
More News

3 AI stocks to buy before December 2026

Final call: the window slams shut August 18th

Once you see it, you can't unsee it

Elon “xPhone” Exposed

URGENT: $2 Gold Stock With Major Discovery

The trading strategy that works BECAUSE you have a life

$44 Trillion “Super Convergence:” Elon’s Biggest Move EVER?

Is Trump Planning a New Independence Day?
Get Market News Alerts
Real-time alerts on price moves, news, and trading opportunities.
Join 20,000+ investors. No spam, ever.
Featured Articles
View all news
SK Hynix Stock Drops 7.82% in Seoul as KOSPI Suffers Brutal Rout: Brent Above $90, Trump Rules Out Iran Talks

Small Colorado Company (Backed by Sam Altman) Could Save U.S. Power Grid (Ad)

Iran's Security Chief Says 'Welcome to the Post-American Order' After Trump's Strait of Hormuz Claim

Trump's Last-Minute Canada Tariff Pause: 'We Have a Deal'

Toll Brothers Beats Q3 Estimates, But the Luxury Home Market Is Cooling

Trade the "Fav-4" for weekly income (Ad)

Pennsylvania's New AI Data Center Rules: Shapiro Says No More Bullying by Big Tech






